Resident Literacy Expert Jaclyn DeForge unpacks one of the new Common Core standards horizontally.
Subscribe to this blog
Resources on leeandlow.com
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Lee & Low Around the Web
- Why Hasn’t the Number of Multicultural Books Increased In Eighteen Years?
- friday feast: are your tomatoes laughing?
- ALA Book Buzz: A Conversation with Two Multicultural Publishers
- New Voices Award Winners: “How I Started Writing”
- Where’s the Diversity? The Tony Awards Looks in the Mirror
- Using Children’s Books to Teach About Love and Belonging
- Why Multicultural Books Are For Everyone
- Remembering My Grandfather on Memorial Day
- 10 Great Resources for Teaching About Racism
- Unpacking the Common Core Standards Horizontally: Informational Text
- Book Lists
- Book News
- Curriculum Corner
- Dear Readers
- Diversity Links
- Diversity Videos
- Elevator Updates
- guest blogger
- Musings & Ponderings
- New Release
- Publishing 101
- The Diversity Gap
- The Odd and the Beautiful
- Tu Books
TagsAfrican/African American Interest Asian/Asian American author advice back to work you two! black history month Book Lists Censorship Census close reading common core standards diversity Educators environmentalism events first book guided reading History holidays Immigration Language Latino/Hispanic/Mexican LGBT Middle Eastern Multiracial Native American New Visions Award New Voices Award poetry Power of Words Race issues Reading Aloud reading comprehension Science Fiction/Fantasy sexism shameless bragging slow reading Sports Teens/YA Tu Books videos whitewashing Why I Love Librarians writing writing contests Yum!