Descubriendo la Lectura, the reconstruction of Reading Recovery® in Spanish, has released levels for its newest title additions!
Lee & Low Books is proud to be the nation’s largest publisher of multicultural children’s books. With the launch of our new Descubriendo la Lectura Bebop Books collection, schools across the country will now be able to bring more equity, inclusion, and diversity into their classroom libraries.
Reading Recovery® and Descubriendo la Lectura (DLL) are early intervention programs for first-grade children. DLL was created to support Spanish-speaking first graders. All texts submitted must go through a rigorous research-based process and only titles of the highest-quality are selected.
In addition to our English collection, we are honored to have our Spanish Bebop titles accepted for the book list, and ensure even more access to scores of authentic, culturally responsive, contemporary books at the levels students need.
This exclusive bundle of Bebop titles has been compiled to fill a Descubriendo la Lectura (DLL) teacher’s library. These titles have been field-tested and officially analyzed by certified Reading Recovery® and DLL teachers and can be found in the current approved book list published by Reading Recovery Council of North America (RRCNA).
- authentic literature reflecting your students’ cultures and experiences
- engaging texts written and illustrated by outstanding authors from diverse backgrounds
- award-winning contemporary stories and nonfiction from many cultures
- opportunities for meaningful, constructive conversations and exploring multiple perspectives
- delightful, child-centered storylines and topics that are relevant and meaningful to young people
- social and emotional applications appropriate for our beginning readers
Read more about the importance of diversity in leveled readers and Reading Recovery® from Dr. Lisa Pinkerton.
For full price and ordering information, or to receive a sample, contact us! Someone from our Educational Sales and Literacy team will get back to you shortly.
Fill out our quick online form or contact us at:
Phone (Toll free): 1-888-320-3190 x. 26
Share with your school administrators: PDF of the Reading Recovery® Bebop Books collection
¡Lee & Low en español!
Estamos comprometidos a cubrir las necesidades educativas tanto de los programas bilingües y en español (ELL/ESL), como de las escuelas y distritos con familias hispanohablantes que busquen participar activamente en la educación de sus estudiantes.
- Creamos colecciones personalizadas que suplementen los objetivos de cualquier currículum en inglés o español
- Publicamos libros de alta calidad y culturalmente auténticos, en formato lenguaje-dual o bilingüe
- Ofrecemos guías de estudio gratuitas con todos nuestros libros, para maximizar su uso en el aula y en el hogar
- Hablamos español. ¡Podemos ayudarte en todo el proceso!
Contacta a Verónica Labarca, miembro del equipo de ventas, para más información: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT BEBOP BOOKS: Bebop Books offers leveled books that support literacy learning in guided reading and intervention settings—all with a strong commitment to diversity and cultural authenticity. Bebop Books provides the content and literacy opportunities you need to engage all children with authentic, effective learning experiences!
ABOUT OUR LEVELS: Reading Recovery® Intervention levels were assigned by literacy experts and certified Reading Recovery® and Descubriendo la Lectura teachers. Teachers may adjust the assigned levels in accordance with their own evaluations. All levels and titles can be found on the Reading Recovery® Book List at https://readingrecovery.org/.
CERTIFIED MBE: Lee & Low Books is a certified 100% Minority Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)