With the release of the new COLLTS curriculum for PRE-K, professional developers from The Center for English Learners at the American Institutes for Research (AIR) are available to come to your district or school to prepare your early childhood education teachers and/or coaches to implement the COLLTS program.
AIR offers half-day or full-day training sessions to prepare teachers, coaches, and other staff to implement the COLLTS program. Follow-up coaching is also available.
The AIR and Bebop Books team work closely with districts and schools to provide customized support that prepares instructional staff to meet the demands of high academic standards for English learners.
COLLTS Professional Development Offerings
We provide the COLLTS professional development to teachers and caregivers to familiarize them with the COLLTS methods and materials.
Once teachers have had initial training and experience implementing the units, they are eligible for additional training that guides them in creating their own shared interactive reading units that use COLLTS methods.
We also offer training for coaches or administrators in the COLLTS methods and materials. Coaches in turn can then provide support to teachers using the program.
Additionally, we are available to organize and moderate planning and discussion about COLLTS as part of a larger site or school’s professional learning community (PLC).
- Half day foundational training:This 3-hour, half-day foundational training introduces teachers to all the components of the COLLTS program, and gives teachers practice with using the program.
- Full day foundational training: This 6-hour, full day training builds upon foundational training by providing additional support on how to integrate COLLTS into existing curricula and routines and the possibility for support in development of lessons using the COLLTS method.
Additional observation and coaching support can be added to any training package to support implementation.
For more information on these offerings, please contact Patricia Garcia-Arena.
The AIR and Bebop Books team works closely with districts and schools to provide customized support that prepares instructional staff to meet the demands of high academic standards for English learners.
- Fill out our interest form or email COLLTS@leeandlow.com
- Share a PDF of the promotional flyer here
- Contact AIR COLLTS trainer, Patricia Garcia-Arena, for professional development scheduling
Are you a professor in Early Childhood Education? We’d love your input! Please contact us to learn more.
Sole Source: Our COLLTS Bebop Kits are offered exclusively by Bebop Books, an imprint of Lee & Low Books.
CERTIFIED MBE: Lee & Low Books is a certified 100% Minority Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)