Last year, we gave our 10 favorite reasons to read diversely. One reason being that we live in a diverse world, so why not the books that we read? Books help us see the world through someone else’s eyes, and in the case of bilingual books, through another language.
Here are our ten favorite reasons to read bilingual books!
- Teach us how to read in two languages.
- Celebrate the 22% of students who speak a language other than English at home.
- Develop strong critical thinking skills
- Keep our brains young, healthy, and sharp.
- Expose us to new ways of communicating.
- Make reading an inclusive activity for all students.
- Highlight the achievement of knowing more than one language.
- Encourage interest in other cultures and languages.
- Expand our vocabulary and lexicon.
- Bring readers together.
Tell us why you read bilingual books!