Join us for an energetic discussion about how to engage students in anti-bias thinking through literature in which they may recognize themselves and learn more about the lives, experiences, and perspectives of people who are immigrants.
This webinar is part of the Educator Summit on Challenging Anti-immigrant Bias in Schools and Society hosted by Re-Imagining Migration and the Anti-Defamation League.
- Areli Morales, Author of Areli is a Dreamer: A True Story
- Katie Potter, Senior Literacy Specialist at Lee & Low Books
- Jinnie Spiegler, Director of Curriculum and Training, ADL
Date: Thursday, July 22, 2021
Time: 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
Duration: 1 hour
How to Join: Register here.
If you can’t join live, you can still register to receive a link to the recording after the webinar takes place, along with all the resources shared during the webinar.
To attend more webinars on this topic, please check out the Educator Summit here. Educators will explore these essential questions:
- What can we learn about our humanity from sharing our migration stories?
- What is anti-immigrant bias?
- How do you challenge anti-immigrant bias across the curriculum?
- What support, strategies and skills do you need to be a changemaker in your school?
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you there!