February is Black History Month, which was created to remember the important people and events in the history of the African diaspora and to honor the too-often neglected accomplishments of black Americans in every area of endeavor throughout our history. While ethnic heritage months can be problematic, they are also a good reminder to highlight the achievements of particular cultures, and can make people from those cultures feel acknowledged and appreciated. In this blog post, we’ve rounded up some of our best Black History Month resources.
Giveaway: Win a Package of Books for Black History Month!
Enter here! The giveaway will be open through Friday, February 16, 2018 and is open to US addresses only.
Our Favorite Blog posts about Black History Month:
- 8 Black History Month Books for Grades K-2
- 10 Black History Month Books for Grades 3-6
- 8 Black History Month Books for Middle School
- 7 Core Values to Celebrate During Black History Month
- Celebrate Black History Month with Five Collections From Lee & Low Books
Curated Black History Month Book Collections:
- Black History Collection, Grades K-2
- Black History Collection, Grades 3-6
- Black History Collection, Grades 7-12
- Black History Paperback Collection
- Black History Month Bestselling Books Collection
- Coretta Scott King Award Collection
- Who Is Ira Aldridge?
- Remembering Cortez Peters
- Why Remember Bill Traylor?
- Why Remember Florence “Baby Flo” Mills?
- Why Remember Author Ashe?
- Why Remember Robert Smalls?
- Why Remember Toni Stone?
- Black History Month Spotlight: William “Doc” Key
- Storyline Online: Catching the Moon
- Katheryn Russell-Brown on the Research Behind Little Melba and Her Big Trombone
- Protesting Injustice Then and Now
- Resources for Teaching About Wangari Maathai and Seeds of Change
- Three Ways to Teach Etched in Clay
One thought on “Black History Month Book Giveaway, Book Lists, and Resources”
Comments are closed.