Zombies Don’t Eat Veggies! and ¡Los zombis no comen verduras! was selected by the Screen Actors Guild Foundation for the first ever bilingual read aloud on Storyline Online, an interactive literacy website where world-renowned actors and celebrities read popular, award-winning children’s books to help students fall in love with reading.
Mo Romero is a zombie who loves nothing more than growing, cooking, and eating vegetables. Tomatoes? Tantalizing. Peppers? Pure perfection! The problem? Mo’s parents insist that their niño eat only zombie cuisine, like arm-panadas and finger foods. They tell Mo over and over that zombies don’t eat veggies. But Mo can’t imagine a lifetime of just eating zombie food and giving up his veggies. As he questions his own zombie identity, Mo tries his best to convince his parents to give peas a chance.
Super duo Megan and Jorge Lacera make their picture-book debut with this sweet story about family, self-discovery, and the power of acceptance. It’s a delectable tale that zombie and nonzombie fans alike will devour.
Resources for teaching with Zombies Don’t Eat Veggies! and ¡Los Zombis no comen verduras!:
- Teacher’s Guide from Lee & Low Books
- Teacher’s Guide from Storyline Online (Zombies Don’t Eat Veggies!)
- Teacher’s Guide from Storyline Online (¡Los Zombis no comen verduras!)
Find the video of Jaime Camil reading Zombies Don’t Eat Veggies! and ¡Los Zombis no comen verduras! at:
Enjoy Lee & Low’s other stories on Storyline Online:
- Catching the Moon: The Story of a Young Girl’s Baseball Dream with Kevin Costner and Jillian Estell
- As Fast As Words Could Fly with Dulé Hill
- Rent Party Jazz with Viola Davis
- The Hula Hoopin Queen with Oprah Winfrey