Thank you to everyone who joined us this week for our webinar, “Using Diverse Books to Support Social and Emotional Learning”! If you missed it live (or just want to watch again), here is a recording of the webinar:
Click here for the link to the downloadable PDF of the SEL Diverse Reading List.
Check out the books highlighted in our SEL Webinar to learn more and see their Teacher’s Guides:
- Sam and the Lucky Money
- The Legend of Freedom Hill
- The Three Lucys
- Rainbow Weaver/ Tejedora del arcoíris
- Tiny Stitches
- Step Up to the Plate, Maria Singh
- Poems in the Attic
Click on the collections below for a list of the titles from each section of the SEL List:
- Social and Emotional Learning Collection
- Empathy Collection
- Positive Relationships Collection
- Recognizing and Managing Emotions Collections
- Problem Solving Collection
- Grit and Perseverance Collection
- Perspective-Taking Collection
Here are some resources and organizations where you can learn more about SEL:
- CASEL (The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning)
- Angela Duckworth’s Character Lab
- Edutopia Social and Emotional Learning
- American Institutes of Research Social and Emotional Learning
- Rutgers Lab for Social and Emotional Learning
Customize Your Classroom Library:
Interested in building a custom order for your school or district? Let us help! Our team can help you build the culturally responsive collection you are looking for based on your students’ needs and diverse experiences. Fill out our short form to get started.
Have additional questions or comments? Please leave them below in the comments and we’ll try to answer them!
8 thoughts on “Watch the Webinar: Using Diverse Books to Support Social and Emotional Learning”
An excellent presentation with practical lessons we can share with students through Lee & Low books.
These are wonderful looking books that I wasn’t familiar with before so thank you!
I would appreciate a certificate of completion if possible for this webinar.
Hi Dawn, We’ll send a PD certificate your way.
Hello! Great presentation and selection of books. Can I receive a certificate for watching this webinar? Thanks!
If you reach out to Katie Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org, she will be able to help you with this.
Comments are closed.