As the submission deadlines draw near for LEE & LOW’s New Voices and New Visions writing contests, our editors are on the lookout for the next great manuscript! Could it be yours?
Register for our first-ever webinar for expert writing advice from our editors, with topics including:
- Choosing a subject for a picture-book manuscript
- What separates great manuscripts from merely okay ones
- The difference between middle-grade and YA novels
- The elements of terrific first pages
- What we seek in contest submissions as well as year-round
- Practical revision techniques to help your manuscript stand out
- Cheryl Klein, Editorial Director at Lee & Low Books: Cheryl has edited or co-edited many award-winning titles including Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older, Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork, If I Ever Get Out of Here by Eric Gansworth, King Baby by Kate Beaton, and Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee. You can find her on the web at www.cherylklein.com and @chavelaque.
- Stacy Whitman, Publisher at Tu Books, an imprint of Lee & Low Books: Stacy is the founder and publisher of Tu Books, an imprint of Lee & Low Books that publishes diverse middle grade and young adult fiction. Stacy helped to establish Lee & Low’s New Visions Award. Her books include Summer of the Mariposas, Ink and Ashes, and Killer of Enemies. You can find her on Twitter @stacylwhitman.
- Jessica Echeverria, Senior Editor at Lee & Low Books: Jessica has worked on a variety of different formats including early readers, bilingual books, middle grade fiction, and picture books. Some of her projects include The Hula-Hoopin’ Queen, Twenty-two Cents, and Tiny Stitches. Jessica has had the distinct pleasure of working with a number of New Voices award winner and honor recipients, and loves working with new talent.
This webinar is free and open to all. Details:
Date: August 10, 2017
Time: 12:00 PM EST
We hope you will join us! Register here. Can’t make it? You can still register and we will send you a link to a recording of the webinar once it’s posted!
9 thoughts on “Free Webinar for Writers: A Conversation With Our Editors”
I’m in!!! So excited for the opportunity!! 🙂
Hi, I registered but live in Australia and this event was aired during the middle of the night, so I missed it. I read that it would be replayed. When will this happen. I’m looking forward to watching. Thank you.
Hi, the recording will be posted here early next week. Thanks for your interest!
Thank you, I look forward to viewing this webinar.
It’s here. http://blog.leeandlow.com/2017/08/28/webinar-recording-a-conversation-with-lee-lows-editors/
I missed the opportunity to be a part of this free webinar for writers, a conversation with our editors. Is there somewhere I can go to view it?
Hi, I registered for the webinar but because of the time difference, I live in Australia, I was unable to participate. In the information I read that a replay would follow for those who missed the session. I’ve had no follow up emails with links provided to the session. How can I find the webinar, pls. I’m looking forward to viewing it. Thank you. 😊
Comments are closed.