The Center for English Learners at the American Institutes for Research (AIR) released its newest curriculum for Preschool learners!
Cultivating Oral Language and Literacy Talents in Students (COLLTS) is an early childhood curriculum available exclusively from Bebop Books, an imprint of Lee & Low Books. Through the use of interactive reading with outstanding children’s literature and nonfiction, this NEW PreK curriculum targets:
- foundational and pre-reading skills
- oral language proficiency
- background and conceptual knowledge
The COLLTS curriculum kits are available for PreK programs in:
The COLLTS curriculum consists of:
- six units in English or six units in Spanish
- each unit has five lessons centered around a mentor text
- teaching guides
- writing activities
- picture cards with target vocabulary
- observational protocol for coaches
- bilingual family literacy take-home handouts
- literary and informational quality
- text type
- appeal to young children
- the extent to which their content aligns with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework
- diversity and representation
Check out the core texts here:
Evidence-based, Research-backed, Classroom-tested
In 2019, COLLTS was used in treatment classrooms to support Dual language learners’ (DLLs’) oral language development.
Learn more about the pilot and study findings here.
Watch the Webinar about Research findings here.
The AIR and Bebop Books team works closely with districts and schools to provide customized support that prepares instructional staff to meet the demands of high academic standards for English learners.
- Fill out our interest form or email COLLTS@leeandlow.com
- Contact AIR COLLTS trainer, Patricia Garcia-Arena, for professional development scheduling
Are you a professor in Early Childhood Education? We’d love your input! Please contact us to learn more.
Download and share our printable PDF here.
Sole Source: Our COLLTS Bebop Kits are offered exclusively by Bebop Books, an imprint of Lee & Low Books.
CERTIFIED MBE: Lee & Low Books is a certified 100% Minority Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)