During this critical time, we realize the absolute importance of continued learning in ways that do not put our students at risk. For this reason, Lee & Low is granting permission to allow educators and librarians to do virtual read alouds of our titles for non-commercial purposes only. Here are our guidelines for reading Lee & Low titles online during this time:
• Please note at the beginning of your recording that you are reading with permission from Lee & Low Books.
• Recordings should only be posted/shared on closed platforms such as a private YouTube channel or password-protected school platform.
• Story time or read-aloud events featuring our books may be streamed live through platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube Live. However, please make sure recordings of these events do not remain in your archives for more than 24 hours after the event has concluded.
• Please tag @LEEandLOW when discussing any recordings featuring our books on social media
• Please encourage readers to access the book through a digital lending platform (e.g. Sora/Overdrive, Epic!, Follett TitleWave, or MackinVIA) whenever possible.
• Reporting: Please use this form to notify us when you post a stream or recording using our books.
By posting a reading, you agree to the above terms which are in effect through the end of the 2020-2021 school year (June 30, 2021). For nonprofit inquiries, other questions, or if your permission request does not fit the above guidelines, please email hehrlich[at]leeandlow.com