During this critical time, we realize the absolute importance of continued learning in ways that do not put our students at risk. For this reason, Lee & Low is granting permission to allow educators and librarians to do virtual read alouds of our titles for non-commercial purposes only. Here are our guidelines for reading Lee & Low titles online:
• Please note at the beginning of your recording that you are reading with permission from Lee & Low Books.
• Recordings of full books should only be posted/shared on closed platforms such as a private YouTube channel or password-protected school platform. [Please note: Fair Use laws permit no more than 10% of a book’s content (about three spreads for most picture books) to be posted on public channels such as YouTube and Instagram Live].
• Story time or read-aloud events featuring our books may be streamed live through platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube Live. However, please make sure recordings of these events do not remain in your archives for more than 24 hours after the event has concluded.
• Please tag @LEEandLOW when discussing any recordings featuring our books on social media
• Please encourage readers to access the book through a digital lending platform (e.g. Sora/Overdrive, Epic!, Follett TitleWave, or MackinVIA) whenever possible.
• Reporting: Please use this form to notify us when you post a stream or recording using our books.
By posting a reading, you agree to the above terms.
For nonprofit inquiries, commercial permissions/subrights inquiries, or if your permission request does not fit the above guidelines, please fill out our Permissions & Subrights Form.