Did you recently win a grant for diverse, culturally responsive books?
Are you currently in the process of applying for a grant and would like to use Lee & Low Books as a resource or vendor for multicultural literature?
Literacy funding is one of the biggest barriers to getting books to students in need. Whether you are looking to jump-start your library or sustain your school’s literacy initiatives and move forward into an equitable, culturally responsive classroom, we are here to help!
Lee & Low Books has an expert Educator Team to help you place your wish-list books onto shelves and into students’ hands.
We are here to help whichever stage you are in:
- curating the books for your specific program or students
- providing descriptions about the books, creators, and supplemental resources available
- selecting and purchasing the books when the grant is funded
We will build a curated collection of books with you:
- aligned to the grant’s mission
- based on your budget parameters
- committed to your readers’ needs and interests
- highlighting a wide range of diverse characters and historical figures by award-winning authors and illustrators from diverse backgrounds
Please note that Lee & Low Books does not award grants.
Grant-writing resources for educators
Popular Grants for Literacy Initiatives
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation
- The Snapdragon Book Foundation
- Wish You Well Foundation
- Tina B. Carver Fund
- The Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries
- Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
- Sigma Tau Delta Classroom Library Grants
- The Lisa Libraries
- The Lois Lenski Covey Foundation
- The National Home Library Foundation
- International Literacy Association
- Check with your school’s PTA/PTO for their grant schedule
- Reach out to your public library for additional information on grants available to your community
- Consult your state’s Department of Education website for a list of additional grants
If you need assistance in your acquisition of books that will make a difference in your school, library, or classroom, we’d love to connect with you at firstname.lastname@example.org.